Okay, this is random, but it’s almost Christmas so I thought I’d take a look at my wish list and see what’s on it. Here are 8 items on my list in no particular order:
r. I saw this charm bracelet one day while I was hanging out on Twitter and saved it to my wish list. Some day I’d love to have a charm bracelet with the covers of all my books as the charms. I think that would be cool. I tried doing something like this years ago picking charms that represented each book, but soon got lost and confused in my efforts. I think the book covers would be easier to keep track of.
2. One of these really cool T-shirts from Litographs. I’m particularly fond of the Nancy Drew one (pictured) , but I also love the Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, and Alice in Wonderland Ts. I’m a T-shirt lover. I’d wear them every day for every occasion if I thought I could get away with it, and I collect shirts from places I travel. Having a few from much-loved books would be a great addition to my collection.
3. This mug from the store on author Craig Johnson’s website. I may be slightly obsessed with his Longmire series of books and the TV series of the same name, and Henry Standing Bear is one of my favorite characters. I love his relationship with Walt (Longmire), and he’s played by Lou Diamond Phillips, so…really, what more is there to say? Adding a mug from the Red Pony would make me deliriously happy.
4. Penmarric by Susan Howatch on Kindle. Also, Cashelmara, also by Susan Howatch. Also, the Rich are Different (Howatch) and Sins of the Fathers (Howatch). And pretty much any of Howatch’s later, long, delicious, rich books. The Kindle versions are on my wish list because I already own multiple copies o the books in print, but I want to make sure I have all my bases covered. No sense taking unnecessary chances with your favorites, right?
5. An elegant claw-foot tub from The Tub Connection. I think my favorite is the copper one (pictured) but I could change my mind at any point. Frankly, it someone were to surprise me with one of these gorgeous beauties, I wouldn’t quibble about the model. I’d be thrilled to own any one of them. Can you just imagine settling in one of these with a good book and your beverage of choice at your side? Ah….bliss.
6. Disney Villains Perfume. Okay, seriously, I don’t even know if there’s actually perfume in these bottles or if they’re empty, but it doesn’t matter. They’re adorable and whimsical, and that’s enough for me. I’d love to collect them all, but my favorite is the Captain Hook bottle (pictured.) The Captain has long been a favorite of mine. If pressed, I might even admit to having a little crush on the character.
7. This Christmas Card Display featured on Sharp and Sally. Of course, I realize I’d have to make it myself, but I don’t think that would be too hard. I’d have to find a staircase to hang it on, of course. There’s really no place in my current home to hang it and make it look this nice. And I’d need to receive more Christmas cards than I currently do, which would require me to actually send cards to family and friends, but still… It appeals to me. What can I say?
8. A trip home with my entire immediate family to see my entire extended family for the holidays. Nothing would make me happier. Yes, I occasionally like to dream about the stuff I wish I had, but the long and short of it is that all I really want for Christmas (or any time of the year) is to be with those I love.
What about you? What’s on your wish list